Wednesday, June 27, 2012

And the next Chapter Begins...


As Colin left the branch so I can close up, I promised I would stop by his parents house and visit him later in the evening.  I was so shaken and confused, yet excited and thrilled all at the same time.  I had this feeling of adrenaline, kind of like how you feel right before you get on a roller coaster ride at a theme park.

            I remember calling my mom and saying, “Hey Mom, you will never guess who came home?”
            My mom then responds, “Who?”
            I then reply, “Colin is home…just got out this morning and just showed up at my job just now.”
            My mom then says “Oh no Joy, please don’t fall in love…”
            “Oh mom, don’t worry I won’t!  He is just a friend…”

As weeks then months went by spending time together as friends, hanging out, and just talking to Colin, I begin to see a whole side of him that just amazed me.  In 2001 one I made some visits to him while he was in prison and I remember him telling me all of his goals, dreams and plans for the future.  I remember clearly laughing at Colin and telling him that he wasn’t really going to do all that and that he is probably just going to party and run around wild with girls since he has been locked up since he was 15 years old.  He missed out on so much of his youth and that clearly he was going to catch up for lost time.  I remember him looking at me so serious and saying, “No, I have big things in life that I want to do and I am determined to do it.”

Not only did Colin say those words, but he also acted out those words.  He accomplished every goal he had set out for the first 30 days of being released which included a car he purchased on his own ($150 from the neighbor), attain a driver’s license and find a job.  YES a JOB!  And guess what for being in prison for 8 years, he was hired for a JOB!

Colin continued to show his true character and how much he stood firm on his word.  Every promise of his word matched every action.  I was astounded by the discipline and valor this man carried in himself.  I could not believe a man that I dreamed up in my subconscious mind was literally standing before me, even though he had ex-felon on his record.  Colin would always tell me that, he may not have much and all he has is his word of honor.  If that at all means something, it's that I can always trust and count the words that come out of his mouth will always hold true.  As I continued to see more and more of how this man lived his daily life, I knew deep in my heart this is the man that God sent for me to be my husband. 

After only 6 months of being home he asked me to be his girlfriend and 4 months later we made permanent our vows to one another in front of over 400 of our family, friends and loved ones on April 6, 2003.  Since then the journey has been an amazing one for me.  I truly believe you can dream up your prince charming and have that trophy husband right beside you…Dreams Do Come TRUE!!!

     Thank you Colin Yip for changing my life for the better, for making my dreams come true.  Thank you for being an amazing Husband and father to our two children.  Without you to push me and support me in every passion I want to pursue, I truly could not have accomplished those goals without you!  I love you with all of my heart and all of my soul.   

I am forever yours, 
Baby Girl!

Read About my Husband Colin Yip's journey here....

No comments:

Post a Comment